Ok. I faxed 5 job apps to the State of TX this morning. Hopefully something there will pan out. Coleen is going to put a few good words in for me where she can. Hopefully, I’ll have a new job some time in the near future.
Relationship Status] – engaged to Coleen, the most wondrous creature on earth.
[Parents still together] – Nope. Divorced shortly after I got out of the house.
[Siblings] – older 1/2 brother and younger sister
[Pets] – Sarah (German Shepard) and Jake (pee faucet/hound dog)
[Colour] – green.
[Number] – NA
[Animal] – Humans.
[Book] – I have to choose just ONE?!?!?! 😦
[Flower] – tulips
[Twirl your hair?] – dun have enough hair to do that
[Have tattoos?] – nope. I’m a chickin’
[Cheat on tests?] – I have in the past, but wouldn’t any more.
[Like roller coasters?] – HATE them.
[Wish you could live somewhere else?] – Yup.
[Like cleaning?] – Depends on what I’m cleaning
[Write in cursive or print?] – yes. Kinda a mix of both.
[Know how to drive?] – Yup.
[Own a cell phone?] – as of recently
[Ever get off the internet?] – yup
HAVE YOU EVER
[Been in a fist fight?] – yep
[Considered a life of crime?] – Yes.
[Considered being a hooker?] – if only I were that sexy to be a man-ho
[Been in love?] – Right now in fact
[Made out with JUST a friend?] – yep
[Been in lust?] – all the frickin’ time
[Kicked someone in the nuts?] – yes, but only by accident. I would NEVER intentionally do something like that.
[Current clothes] – Business clothing
[Current hair] – crew-cut length red hair with goatee
[Current thing I ought to be doing] – looking for a new job
[Current CD in stereo] – Rob Zombie – Hellbilly deluxe
[Last movie you saw] – Freedomland (SUCKED)
[Last thing you ate] – hot dog and chips
[Believe there is life on other planets?] – definitely
[Read the newspaper?] – the what?
[Hate yourself?] – Been a while.
[Collect anything?] – swords and dragons
[Like your handwriting?] – nope.
[First crush]- Lisa Burk. cute blonde girl when I was 6.
[You believe in love at first sight?] – Yes.
[You believe in “the one?”]- No. That’s not something that even comes close to making sense.
[belive in Lust at first sight?]- *mumble*boobies gooood*mumble*
[Are you a tease?] – nope
[Too shy to make the first move] – Used to be. Don’t need to worry about it any more.
[Daydreamer] – of course
[Sarcastic] – Constantly
[Shy] – a bit, depending on the surroundings
[Talkative] – depends on the topic of conversation
WOULD YOU RATHER…
[Pierce your nose or lip?] – um….no
[Be serious or funny?] – seriously funny
[Simple or complicated?] – yes.
[What time is it] – 2.29 AM
[Name] – Rob
[Nickname(s)] – Raist, Bob, hon, baby
WHAT DO YOU WANT…
[Where do you want to live] – Ireland or Germany
[How many kids do you want] – The two I have are fine.
[What kind of job do you want] – writing and owning a bookstore
[Do you want to get married] – I must, or I don’t think I’d be engaged.
[Nervous Habits] – crack my knuckles and chew my tongue.
[Are you double jointed] – no
[Can you roll your tongue] – yes
[Can you raise one eyebrow] – Spock would be prouder of me than Triplemare
[Can you cross your eyes] – yes
[Do you make your bed daily] – nope
LAST PERSON THAT…
[Slept in your bed] – Coleen
[Saw you cry] – Been too long. Not sure I remember.
[Made you cry] – Probably Will’s mom
[Saw a movie with you] – Coleen
[Said ‘I love you’ to you] – Coleen
[You hugged] – Coleen
[You kissed] – Coleen
HAVE YOU EVER…
[Been to California] – Unfortunately, yes.
[Been to Canada] – nope
[Been to Europe] – Yes. LOVED IT!
[Wished you were the opposite sex] While it would be nice to have access to boobies 24/7, I’ll stick with what I’ve got, thanks.
Well, I’ve just been convinced to start pushing towards getting a new job. For the last few weeks, I’ve been putting out applications here and there. Not really working hard at it, but sending out tendrils of inquiry here and there. Today, the president of the dept I work in convinced me to really push for a new job. I don’t think that was her intent, but it was the result of the meeting I had with her.
From start to finish…
Last week, she comes up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder and says, “Rob. I want you on my callendar. Speak with my secretary and set it up. I want to see what I can do for you.”
Well, I got the appt set up for 10AM this morning, and in I go. I sat down, and we started talking. She gave me a little speach regarding attitude and numbers and how I needed to be more successful at the numbers game in order to get advanced in any sort of real carreer, etc… I barely got a chance to tell her what my goals were professionally, and I’m not really sure she heard what I had to say.
After that frustrating meeting, I’ve decided to start REALLY trying to get a new job. I’m not going to sit in dead-end-ville for any longer than I have to.
Happy birthday man.
May your next year of life be filled with gaming, good booty, and a pouch full of eeps.
What are those things you get the most enjoyment out of? Not just that craving for pizza, but the over all things you enjoy. And why do you enjoy them?
– Gaming. I place this one at the top, because it’s one of the things I enjoy the most, and one of the hobbies/pleasures in life I’ve had the longest. It allows me time with my friends. Friends that I got through gaming in the first place most of the time.
– Family. I truly enjoy my family, nontraditional as it may be. I’ve got a Fiance that I’ve been with for about 2.5 years, a “stepson” that just rocks, and my own son who I’m immensely proud of. Spending time cuddled up on the couch with her, and having either of the kids around just makes life worth living.
– Reading. I haven’t been able to get into books as easily as I used to, but I do love it. What’s really got me excited is that, in the last 4 or 5 years, lots of the books I read when I was young and that got me hooked into reading are being made into movies. Not just movies, but really GOOD movies. Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings trilogy, and others. Reading is my escape when nothing else can completely fix something right now. It’s how I go on adventures that I could otherwise never afford, or that are just impossible without finding a way to genetically engineer dragons and other mythical creatures. Frankly, I don’t think I’ll ever have the budget for that, so I’ll stick with books.
– Booty. Pretty self explanatory I think.
– Video games. Yeah, stereotypical geek listing I suppose. But still, when I can’t game with my friends across a table/living room/etc… there’s nothing like blowing up a few things here and there to make ya feel good about yerself.
– Boobies. Similar to the booty entry, but I think they deserve their own listing. I could stare at nice racks for hours. I admit it. Boobies are GOOD.
– Kids. I enjoy being around kids because they remind me not to take life too seriously. A lot of the time I’ll be stressing about something like the end of the world is near, and a kid’ll be around having fun with something stupid, like a big box, or a set of legos, and that’ll remind me that it’s ok to live in the moment for a little while and forget about my troubles. Besides, they give me an excuse to play with legos, radio control cars, and color in coloring books.
– My dogs. Sarah and Jake. Sarah is so incredibly loyal it’s unreal. She lays under my feet all the time, and can’t stand to be away from people for more than a few minutes here and there. Jake is a pill. He has issues because he’s never been properly housetrained, so we have to constantly give him opportunities to go out, but he’s loving and just plain adorable. Sarah is a miniature german sheppard (about 2.5 feet tall) and Jake is a small beagle with big floppy ears he sometimes trips on.
– Movies. Sci fi, comedy, and fantasy movies. And yeah, ok. A little porn on occasion too, but only with the right person. Watching porn alone is kinda boring.
– Cooking. I can’t lie. And I’m not humble about it. When I have the time, I’m the best cook I know. Connon is probably tied with me, but it just depends on what’s being made. I think I could outdo him on Itallian food, but he can make some of my Celtic favorites much better. I love cooking, I just wish I could afford enough pots and pans to never have to wash dishes. I hate the clean-up.