Coleen and I have been talking about the future, and wanting to buy our own home at some point. I’ve got a lot of wants, so I want to list some of them, just to entertain myself.
– Large office with built in shelving for books, and enough room to set up a gaming area.
– A double sided vanity with sinks on each side of a partition wall, so that she can have her bathroom space in the master bath, and so can I.
– A stone facade on the outside of the house, and for the house to look as castle-like as possible.
– An upstairs balcony, preferably off of the hallway, rather than a bedroom. Off of the office would work well too, but I’d prefer the hallway.
– Raftered ceilings to make it feel bigger on the inside.
– A LARGE fireplace with a dark stained hardwood mantle.
– Lots of wall space for swords.
– Audio and video cabling built into the walls to eliminate some of the electronics spaghetti that happens whenever you’ve got an entertainment system set up.
– An island kitchen with black marble countertops and lots of cupboard space. Would like two pantries. One for food, and the other for pots and pans. I do the cooking, and I really want a decent kitchen.
– A SMALL yard. I frickin’ HATE mowing. Would prefer to actually landscape it to require little or no maintenance.
– Cable connections on each wall in the house. I know it’s expensive, but I hate having to have the TV and such in the same place all the time. I prefer to rearrange at least once every three or four months.
– Ceiling fans in every room. Even small ones in the bathrooms.
– Solar panelling on the roof to cut down on electric costs.
– A three car garage would be preferred, but two would get the job done.
– Automatic door openers for the garage doors.
– Wine and liquor fridge under the island in the kitchen.
– Stainless kitchen appliances.
– A deep freeze in the garage.
– Jaccuzi tub with seperate shower in master bath.
– Dutch doors for the rear entrance, with high-quality screen door.
– medium sized back deck.
– Dishwasher is a must.
– hot tub