2010…My year in review…
- Went on an awesome trip to New Orleans with Coleen and had a great time in a really cool city. Really enjoyed the river boat cruise we went on, and the pizza that last night was phenomenal. The hours and hours of snuggling were pretty awesome too. The rain caused me to have some awesome time with my wife asleep on my shoulder while I watched geeky TV and relaxed in a cozy bed with the BEST pillows. (No, I’m not talking about Coleen’s bewbs, though those are rockin’ too.)
- Got in touch with a lot of old friends on facebook. It’s been cool seeing how their lives have turned out since I last saw them, and I’m really happy that, for the most part, they’re all in good places in their lives. (Rob Miller using email addy raist23m at yahoo)
- Went to see Five Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, and Korn in Dallas with Chris. Was one of the best concert experiences ever. Seeing Rob Zombie has been a goal of mine for well over a decade, and I was really happy to finally do it. The show wasn’t what I expected, but maybe it would have helped if I hadn’t screamed myself hoarse to 5FDP when they opened the show.
- Played a lot of WoW, and really enjoyed finally getting a character to level 60. Still a ways to go on the expansions, but at least I made it all the way through the first release stuff. Holy Paladin FTW bitches! … That may not have been the most paladinish comment… Meh…
- Had a good time with my in-laws over the holidays, and my nieces and I finally seem to have connected a bit.
- Jacob’s grades have been really good, and while he’s had a few teenage moments, over all I’d say we’re lucky with how he’s turning out. He’s a good kid with a good heart. Just going through teenage frustrations.
- Got a sweet new HD TV.
- Got a lot of dental work done that I’d been avoiding. (YAY Nitrous!!!)
- Completed quite a bit of school and I’m currently resting on a happy 3.5 GPA. And I know it will get better over the coming semesters. A LOT of the math work is behind me.
- Got re-focused on writing, and enjoyed spinning a few yarns. Some may have gotten tangled, but those were fun too. Wrote a couple of short stories that are just drafts right now. Hoping that somebody will eventually get back to me with feedback. (Note the implied guilt trip. hehehe… lol )
- Played a massive amount of Classic Battletech, and managed to move up to the miniatures rules rather than just using maps. Nothing like a 20,000 BV game with 4 to 6 lances of mechs mixing it up to get the blood flowing.
- Had Will down for the summer, and for Christmas break and had a great time with him. Looking forward to next summer.
- I’m appreciated at work, and have earned my place on a great team.
- Lost 26 pounds or so in the fall.
- Clarity of thought (see below).
- Multiple visits from Connon where in he stayed at my house. He even cooked teh noms at one point, making for much happiness. It’s nice having one’s chosen family around from time to time. Sometimes, I swear, if I could, I’d have all of my friends living with me in a ginormous mansion of awesomeness. Gaming, book reading, TV watching, kid ticklings, and much laughter would be had by all.
- Driving a Subaru again, that I like well enough. Not as cool as the PT Cruiser, but I know I can depend on it, and I like the way it handles.
- Got a better direction on where I want to take school, though I still need to do a little follow up. I know I’m on the right path and that it’s going to pay off in the long run.
- Improved my professional wardrobe a great deal.
- Tried a lot of new beers that I really liked, and even found a place that sells the brand of Heffe Weissen I used to love when I was stationed in Germany.
- Totaled out my PT Cruiser. *cry*
- Went into debt quite a bit, but school and car wrecks will do that.
- Not as happy with my job as I started out the year with, but mostly just wanting more of a challenge and a more leadership oriented role I think.
- Gained quite a bit of the weight I’d lost back in December…but it’ll soon be leaving again, or turning into muscle.
- Heart palpitations freaked me out until I realized, after some well-thought-out feedback from friends and family, that I was having panic attacks. Fortunately, a trip to the doctor got it all fixed up. With a really small dose of Lexapro and a super-small dose of Xanax, my head is clearer than it has been in a long time. So, this goes to the positive side too as "clarity of thought". It’s nice not feeling like I’ve got mothballs in my head.
- Arthritis got worse this year, but is still manageable with a bit of advil or tylenol.
- Had a hard time dealing with my dad being gone from time to time. I miss him a lot, and I really would like to share things with him right now.